Fire Brigade and Fire Investigation Research Unit indicates that 33% to 50% of all residential house fire fatalities may have been prevented if the homes had working smoke alarms. Statistics compiled from our testing of residential smoke alarms has indicated that 47% of smoke alarms failed to meet compliance with the EPPA and BCA legislations and regulations.
Given there is a house fire every 26 minutes in Australia, with most occurring at night resulting in countless deaths and injuries each year, it is simply not worth ignoring fire safety in your home.
As a SafePower Test & Tag Systems service we can test all of your smoke alarms in your home. Our thorough testing process will give you peace of mind.
How we test your smoke alarms:
- Place dust catching sheet on floor under the smoke alarm.
- Set up a sound level meter 3 meters from smoke alarm location.
- Check smoke alarm location is correct and then press test button to see if it actually works.
- If working, then check inside the smoke alarm to ensure expiry date is within specs.
- Replace battery and test siren by pressing button, if meets minimum 85 decibel reading continue to service.
- Test the smoke alarm using smoke testing equipment.
- Thoroughly clean the inside of the smoke alarm, removing insects, dust and debris.
- Once cleaned and tested close up cover and record results for the client.